Recently, two of our favorite bloggers collaborated with our favorite clothing store and jewelry designer. Emily Schulman of Cupcakes and Cashmere teamed up with Club Monaco to design five pieces and a shoe for their spring collection. Courtney Kerr of What Courtney Wore has recently collaborated with Gorgana to create a beautiful jewelry collection. It is the perfect mix of bold statement pieces and simple everyday rings and bracelets. We love both of these bloggers and think that there current collaborations are the perfect compliment to each other! Shop both of the collaborations by clicking on the pictures or links above.
Whether Brazilian Blowout treatments are part of your haircare routine or you're just looking for a new line of products to control frizz and combat humidity, the Brazilian Blowout Acai Hair Care line is perfect for you.
1. Açai Anti-Frizz Shampoo: - All of the aftercare products from Brazilian Blowout are created to help extend the life of a Brazilian Blowout treatment. Because these products all have the same complex ingredients as the treatment itself, they work just as well for people who haven't received a Brazilian Blowout - like me! The shampoo formula is sulfate-free and packed with antioxidants including Acai. This formula works to cleanse without stripping hair of the moisture and protein balance needed for frizz-free and smooth hair.
2. Açai Anti-Frizz Conditioner: Not only does my hair look and feel amazing after using the Brazilian Blowout shampoo and conditioner, I absolutely love the way these products smell! Made with the same base of ingredients as the shampoo, the conditioner also works to coat the hair with smoothing proteins without feeling heaving or weighing hair down. The shampoo and conditioner are also color-safe and help retain color protecting against sun damage and fading.
3. Açai Daily Smoothing Serum: This serum is created to use after the Brazilian Blowout shampoo and conditioner as a leave in style product. If I put just a nickel size amount in my towel dried hair, the serum detangles, conditions and protects against heat damage from a blow dryer or straightener. This serum is also created to protect hair from chlorine and salt water damage, perfect for the summer months quickly approaching!
4. Açai Deep Conditioning Masque: I have been on the search for a deep conditioning hair treatment that repairs and conditions hair without leaving it greasy or heavy. Thankfully, this deep conditioning masque from Brazilian Blowout does just that. Called, "A Mini Brazilian in a bottle", this masque can be used once a week for 20 minutes to completely replenish hair and lock in moisture leaving it smooth, shinny and, most importantly, not greasy.
Feel free to check out the products by clicking the links above!
Shopbop has partnered with Born Free, Vogue, and 22 high-end designers, to create an exclusive collection (selected pieces featured above) where 100% of the profits will be donated to the mission of Born Free. Born Free is a global initiative striving to end the transmission of HIV from mother to child by 2015.
The collection features renowned designers (who are also all mothers) including: Carolina Herrera, DKNY, Rachel Roy, Vera Wang, DVF, Stella McCartney and many more. The pieces in the collection were created in collaboration with the 22 designers and all feature custom prints made by Wangechi Mutu, a Kenyan-born visual artist.
You can shop all of the Shopbop + Born Free pieces featured above by clicking on the photos or the text below. To check out the rest of the collection click here. Below are some of the incredible photos taken by Patrick Demarchelier for the ad campaign of this collection.
For more information about Born Free check out their website here. To watch the amazing Shopbop + Born Free campaign video click here. This is truly an amazing collection, made by amazing people, for an amazing cause!
If you're ever in the need for sunscreen or an incredible skincare product, La Roche-Posay should be your first stop. I've been a fan of their sunscreen for a long time, but just recently tried their skincare products and completely fell in love.
1. Effaclar Acne Toner: I recently discovered the importance of using toner and this product became a quick favorite. The Effaclar Acne Toner helps to unblock pores and reduce pore size. I apply the toner after I wash my face and I've noticed a huge difference since I started using it!
2. Rosalia Redness Skin Perfection Moisturizer: I have incredibly sensitive skin and my face is constantly red from irritation. This moisturizer neutralizes redness and helps to soothe and restore your skin. It can be used twice a day to help with redness and it goes great under makeup.
3. Redermic [R] Eyes Dermatological Anti-Aging Eye Corrector: This is an award winning La Roche-Posay product for reducing crow's feet wrinkles and the appearance of dark circles. My mom is a fan of this particular eye cream because of how sensitive it is around the eyes.
4. Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Lotion Spray with Cell-Ox Shield: This amazing sunscreen formula is unlike the regular thick and greasy sunscreen you're probably used to. The micro-shield technology ensures a silkily, smooth application that is water resistant and stays on during a long day in the sun. It's ideal for outdoor activities and is easy to apply because of it's spray form. The UVA/UVB formula is paraben-free, non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free. It also won't irritate acne prone skin or sensitive skin!
5. Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen: An absolute must have for women treating fine lines and aging skin. While we don't have to use this product yet, my mom is a huge fan. This is a one-step product that uses UVA/UVB protection, powerful antioxidants, and a primer to correct and improve signs of aging skin. Like most La Roche-Posay products, this primer can be worn under makeup.
6. Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid: I've tried a ton of face sunscreens and this is by far my favorite. Not only do I use it at the beach, but I also wear it daily under makeup. The ultra light formula makes it easy to wear and won't clog pores like a regular sunscreen. It's also water resistant, non-whitening, and fast absorbing with a matte finish.
Feel free to check out the products by clicking the links above!
We couldn't resist posting a spotlight on Sweaty Betty with their new looks for spring. I love the pops of color they use on their workout gear without completely overdoing it. I also am obsessed with this cozy long sleeve top and this pale pink sweater for lounging around the house or for going to the gym.
Click on any of the pictures above to shop these MK picks! Also, check out Sweaty Betty's amazing Spring/Summer 2014 line by watching the video below.
My family is typically dispersed all over the country: New York, North Carolina, Louisiana, Colorado and California, so we do not get to be together very often. But, when we do, it's bound to be a good time. For my aunts 50th birthday she insisted we get together and chose Central Coast California to celebrate. Here is a little taste of the amazing long weekend we had!
Where to stay
We stayed at The Fogcatcher Inn, a quaint little inn steps from Moonstone Beach. We were close enough to fall asleep to the sounds of crashing waves and feel an ocean breeze. They provide a delicious breakfast every morning and on Friday evenings host wine tastings featuring local wineries.
What to do
My sister decided that we had to drive down the coast on the scenic California Route 1. While I was hesitant at first because it is twice as long as driving down the main highway, the spectacular views down this historic route were definitely worth the carsickness we all felt winding down 123 miles of edgy coastline.
Hearst Castle, less than twenty minutes from where we were staying in Cambria, is a National and California landmark estate that was built by William Randolph Hearst. While I didn't love the architecture and interior design of the main house, the two pools were breath taking and very Great Gatsbyesque. This enchanting private estate turned national park is worth a trip!
What to eat
On the drive down the coast we stopped for lunch at Ventana a resort and restaurant in Big Sur. I had a flavorful salad with quinoa, fresh vegetables, chickpeas, and a ginger dressing.
My favorite meal of the trip was our dinner at Robin's Restaurant in downtown Cambria. Well known for their globally inspired cuisine as well as their impressive selection of vegetarian dishes. I had Nori crusted Silken tofu served on a bed of black rice with cauliflower and shiitake mushrooms. It was amazing and I'd definitely recommend it!
My most adventurous meal was our dinner at The Sea Chest Oyster Bar and Restaurant. I decided I would finally try seafood and shared a scallops dish with my mom. Though I was nervous, I thought it was light and delicious. This cash only, no reservation seafood restaurant was really an amazing meal.
What to drink
We had a lot of fun trying all of the different wineries and breweries in the area. In downtown Cambria we loved the Moonstone Cellars tasting room and the Cambria Beer Company.
It was a perfect weekend filled with family time, good food, and amazing wine. I highly recommend Cambria to anyone looking for a relaxing and quaint town in the gorgeous Central Coast California.
As New York Fashion Week comes to an end, we decided to narrow down our favorite looks both on and off the runway. Here are four collections we fell in love with, along with a few incredible street style fashions.
To see all of our NYFW 2014 favorites, both on and off the runway, check out our Pinterest boards: NYFW 2014 and NYFW 2014 Street Style.
Rebecca Taylor has done it again with this collection. The pastels and neutrals are so stunning. I honestly can't decide which jacket or blazer I love the most.
I love the simplicity of Theory. They're incredibly reliable when it comes to a basic, traditional look. The neutral colors are a perfect staple, and the feminine cut to these pieces is nothing but flattering.
This collection caught my eye because of the vibrant colors. I love the shape of these gowns and the fun, feminine patterns. I also love the various accessories, especially those big dangling earrings!
This collection is all about fur, bold lines, and clean silhouettes. I love the variety of fur and leather trims on everything from a cape to an evening gown. The impeccable pleating and use of tulle gives the dresses a soft romantic touch, and I am sure will be seeing many of them on the red carpet next season.
MK NYFW Street Style Favorites
Karlie Kloss 1 // navy fur & over-the-knee boots // Anna Wintour // black fur & hat // Bruce Pask & Jenny Lyons // grey coat & white sweater // Karlie Kloss 2 // white fur // Victoria Beckham // Julia Engel
While all of these outfits are beautiful, Karlie Kloss' cape paired with a fitted cashmere shirt and tight leather pants is jaw dropping. How she managed to sport this outfit during the past week of weather is another story. But, if I could get my hands on that cape, I'd probably wear it to bed. No judgement here.
Let us know what your favorites were!
1: Rag & Bone for Hunter short boots // Hunter short fleece welly socks // UGG Adirondack boots
2: MICHAEL Michael Kors cold weather boots // Sorel Tivoli short boots (on sale!) //
Tory Burch quilted rain bootie // Isabel Marant Nowles wedge boots
3: Sperry Top-Sider for J. Crew shearwater boots // Hunter Cathie boots // Sorel Caribou boots // L.L. Bean boots
4: Merell Decora Prelude boots // Rag & Bone for Hunter tall boots // Sorel Conquest Carly boots // Sorel Tivoli tall boots
We received a special request for a post featuring a variety of snow boots. Since winter shows no sign of ending and the snow continues to fall, it seemed like the perfect time! My mom's always reminding me to wear "sensible" shoes, something that did not make sense to me until I had to trek around in the snow from class to class and my ballet flats or unlined Hunters, while cute, were far from ideal in such conditions. The compilation of boots above definitely pass the "sensible shoe" mom test and, I have to admit, some are quite stylish. I will continue to dream about the Isabel Marant wedge snow boot...
NYFW update: check out this article on Vogue.com- "Everyone at Fashion Week Is Trying to Get Their Hands on a Pair of Sorels"
Hope you can find something to keep your feet warm and dry!
P.S. If you ever have a post idea or a topic you want us to delve into, leave us a comment or send us an email. We would love to hear your ideas.