The artistic summer coat is popping up from many designers this spring including Miu Miu, Prada, and Celine. This coat incorporates everything from cartoon cats, strong women, and painterly strokes. The romantic summer coat can be seen from designers like Dolce and Gabana, Stella McCartney, and Giambattista Valli. These designers are using florals and both monochrome and 3D blossoms as a romantic touch.
This season the feminine split skirt is back. Porter says, "Offering a now-you-see-it, now-you-don't flash of the leg, the split is imperative, but how high is up to you….Don't fear the split - it's far friendlier than it looks." We agree! The split skirt is the perfect flirty look for spring.
The Skinny Jean
This jean is the easiest to get right length-wise and definitely the most popular pant. The length all depends on what look you're going for. Leaving the length longer will make your legs look longer, but cropping the pant a little higher above the anklebone can also be incredibly flattering. The skinny jean features the shoe the most of all the different styles and pretty much all shoes look great with a skinny.
The Straight Leg
The straight leg pant is a difficult look to get right. It should be cropped or hemmed above the ankle bone (or higher) and worn with pumps or flats.
The secret to the wide-leg pant is it must always skim the floor. Therefore, stylist's insist a platform shoe looks best paired with this style but, if you have long enough legs, you can pass with flats if the pant hangs over.
The boyfriend jean (our favorite) should be rolled or cuffed just above the ankle. It's essential to have this pant end above the anklebone so it's not overwhelmingly baggy or unflattering. This jean looks best with an ultra feminine shoe or, for a more casual look, a cute pair of Converse or Supergas.
Whether Brazilian Blowout treatments are part of your haircare routine or you're just looking for a new line of products to control frizz and combat humidity, the Brazilian Blowout Acai Hair Care line is perfect for you.
1. Açai Anti-Frizz Shampoo: - All of the aftercare products from Brazilian Blowout are created to help extend the life of a Brazilian Blowout treatment. Because these products all have the same complex ingredients as the treatment itself, they work just as well for people who haven't received a Brazilian Blowout - like me! The shampoo formula is sulfate-free and packed with antioxidants including Acai. This formula works to cleanse without stripping hair of the moisture and protein balance needed for frizz-free and smooth hair.
2. Açai Anti-Frizz Conditioner: Not only does my hair look and feel amazing after using the Brazilian Blowout shampoo and conditioner, I absolutely love the way these products smell! Made with the same base of ingredients as the shampoo, the conditioner also works to coat the hair with smoothing proteins without feeling heaving or weighing hair down. The shampoo and conditioner are also color-safe and help retain color protecting against sun damage and fading.
3. Açai Daily Smoothing Serum: This serum is created to use after the Brazilian Blowout shampoo and conditioner as a leave in style product. If I put just a nickel size amount in my towel dried hair, the serum detangles, conditions and protects against heat damage from a blow dryer or straightener. This serum is also created to protect hair from chlorine and salt water damage, perfect for the summer months quickly approaching!
4. Açai Deep Conditioning Masque: I have been on the search for a deep conditioning hair treatment that repairs and conditions hair without leaving it greasy or heavy. Thankfully, this deep conditioning masque from Brazilian Blowout does just that. Called, "A Mini Brazilian in a bottle", this masque can be used once a week for 20 minutes to completely replenish hair and lock in moisture leaving it smooth, shinny and, most importantly, not greasy.
Feel free to check out the products by clicking the links above!
The annual Met Gala is one night a year where the red carpet fashion never disappoints. This years exhibit features pieces from the incredible designer, Charles James. To see a first look at this years costume exhibit, Charles James: Beyond Fashion, click here. The exhibit will be on display at the Met from May 8th through August 10th - we know we'll be visiting this summer!
MK's Best Dressed
MK's Best Dressed Couples
MK's Best Dressed Backs
Also, check out Vogue's incredible stop motion Instagram video from the exhibit. Not only is the exhibit amazing, but so is this video!
Let us know who your favorites were!
Shopbop has partnered with Born Free, Vogue, and 22 high-end designers, to create an exclusive collection (selected pieces featured above) where 100% of the profits will be donated to the mission of Born Free. Born Free is a global initiative striving to end the transmission of HIV from mother to child by 2015.
The collection features renowned designers (who are also all mothers) including: Carolina Herrera, DKNY, Rachel Roy, Vera Wang, DVF, Stella McCartney and many more. The pieces in the collection were created in collaboration with the 22 designers and all feature custom prints made by Wangechi Mutu, a Kenyan-born visual artist.
You can shop all of the Shopbop + Born Free pieces featured above by clicking on the photos or the text below. To check out the rest of the collection click here. Below are some of the incredible photos taken by Patrick Demarchelier for the ad campaign of this collection.
For more information about Born Free check out their website here. To watch the amazing Shopbop + Born Free campaign video click here. This is truly an amazing collection, made by amazing people, for an amazing cause!
macaroons // coffee press // mother's day card // vase // floral phone case // bow USB stick // sunglasses // drop earrings // silhouette print // Soludos // pajamas // cheese assortment // wine pairing kitchen towels // cupcakes // "i heart u mom" card // cookbook // infused water bottle // yoga mat // hair brush // cosmetic case // mug // Birchbox // pitcher
Mother's Day is right around the corner! Here are a few things we're loving for every kind of mom. If your mom is a yogi or health nut, we've picked this affordable yoga mat and Williams-Sonoma's Healthy Dish of the Day cookbook. There's also a subscription to Birchbox for the beauty enthuisistc or these J. Crew pajamas and adorable lipstick stain mug for the cozy type.
Lowell's Wine List is located at the adorable Faucette House in Elon, North Carolina. The quaint and inviting shop offers 250 to 300 different wine selections and their inventory varies each week. The wine is carefully selected by the store's owner, Lowell Faucette, who can also accommodate special order items.
Not only is Lowell's a great place to pick up a bottle of wine, but it's also an awesome spot to go with friends. They offer wine tastings by the glass and "theme tastings" all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. When we visited this past week, we enjoyed a glass of Kerner and a delicious cheese plate with our friend Emily on the front porch. It was the perfect way to spend our afternoon! On-going discounts are always available as well. Lowell's offers 10% off all non-sale priced items when you buy six or more bottles.
We're also doing a giveaway with Lowell's Wine List for two $10 gift certificates, which means two winners! The giveaway opens today and closes Monday at noon. Follow the instructions below to enter.
If you're ever in the need for sunscreen or an incredible skincare product, La Roche-Posay should be your first stop. I've been a fan of their sunscreen for a long time, but just recently tried their skincare products and completely fell in love.
1. Effaclar Acne Toner: I recently discovered the importance of using toner and this product became a quick favorite. The Effaclar Acne Toner helps to unblock pores and reduce pore size. I apply the toner after I wash my face and I've noticed a huge difference since I started using it!
2. Rosalia Redness Skin Perfection Moisturizer: I have incredibly sensitive skin and my face is constantly red from irritation. This moisturizer neutralizes redness and helps to soothe and restore your skin. It can be used twice a day to help with redness and it goes great under makeup.
3. Redermic [R] Eyes Dermatological Anti-Aging Eye Corrector: This is an award winning La Roche-Posay product for reducing crow's feet wrinkles and the appearance of dark circles. My mom is a fan of this particular eye cream because of how sensitive it is around the eyes.
4. Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Lotion Spray with Cell-Ox Shield: This amazing sunscreen formula is unlike the regular thick and greasy sunscreen you're probably used to. The micro-shield technology ensures a silkily, smooth application that is water resistant and stays on during a long day in the sun. It's ideal for outdoor activities and is easy to apply because of it's spray form. The UVA/UVB formula is paraben-free, non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free. It also won't irritate acne prone skin or sensitive skin!
5. Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen: An absolute must have for women treating fine lines and aging skin. While we don't have to use this product yet, my mom is a huge fan. This is a one-step product that uses UVA/UVB protection, powerful antioxidants, and a primer to correct and improve signs of aging skin. Like most La Roche-Posay products, this primer can be worn under makeup.
6. Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid: I've tried a ton of face sunscreens and this is by far my favorite. Not only do I use it at the beach, but I also wear it daily under makeup. The ultra light formula makes it easy to wear and won't clog pores like a regular sunscreen. It's also water resistant, non-whitening, and fast absorbing with a matte finish.
Feel free to check out the products by clicking the links above!
For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with fruit and veggie "chips"- banana chips, kale chips, beet chips and especially apple chips. It's amazing how a couple hours in the oven and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon can transform an apple and make them taste exactly (or even better in my opinion) to the store bought version!
Prep Time: less than 10 minutes (as long as it takes you to slice apples)
Cook Time: 2 hours
What you'll need:
Splendid flower tank // Splendid Monterey Striped blazer // Free People Shark Bite shorts // Harper Abstract Button Post earrings
Mixing patterns and stripes can be a hard combo, but this classic striped blazer from Splendid goes great over a patterned dress or top. This layered look is great for a spring or summer lunch date and can easily be dressed up with white jeans and neutral wedges. Although they are hard to see from the photos, M's Harper post earrings are a cute and very affordable everyday stud.
This entire look can be found in store at Mynt Boutique in Elon, North Carolina. To see our most recent collaboration with Mynt, click here. To see all of our past collaborations with Mynt, click here.
You can check out Mynt’s website, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram by clicking on the links below.